Announcing a New Webpage for My Public Teaching Offerings
I’m happy to report that the recent Integral Incubator seminar I co-taught with Jeff Salzman turned out wonderfully. At the end of three and half days together our group felt a palpable sense of intimate camaraderie. And the process of presenting my latest thinking was very helpful in the development of the books I’m currently working on.
Now that our summer seminar is complete, I’ve had a chance to consolidate my public offerings, as described on this website’s new “Public Teaching page,” which includes the following options for public teaching, reproduced below. For more information on any of these options, please send an email to: email@example.com
1. Public Speaking
On the following subjects, anywhere in the U.S. or Canada:
• The natural spirituality of goodness, truth, and beauty
• Growing out of America’s divided political condition
• Introduction to Integral Consciousness
• Other requested topics related to my books or online talks
Good video examples of my public talks are found in the “book talk videos” made for The Presence of the infinite (given in 2015) and Evolution’s Purpose (given in 2012).
Cost: travel expenses + negotiable honorarium
2. Experiential Seminars on Spirituality and Politics
My friend and collaborator Jeff Salzman and I have conducted a series of popular “Integral Incubator Seminars” focusing on evolutionary spirituality and politics. These three-and-a-half day seminars were held in Boulder, Colorado, in 2015, 2016, and 2017. The online headquarters for these seminars is the IntegralIncubator.org website. (You can also see more on this seminar series by scrolling to the bottom of this page.)
Although we won’t be doing this seminar in Boulder again for the time being, I am willing to travel to give a version of this seminar by request.
Group sizes from 10 to 60. Cost: contact me for details
3. Private Consultations
In person in Boulder or via Skype, on questions relevant to spirituality, politics, or philosophy
Cost: donation basis
4. Outdoor Spiritual Philosophy Adventures in the West
I’ve been an outdoorsman all my life, and love to share the remote beauty of the desert or mountains of the West, especially in the context of a teaching trip. Options which I’m qualified to guide include:
• Desert hiking in the Canyonlands of Utah, choice of hotel, car camping, or backpacking
• Mountain hiking in the Colorado high country, choice of hotel, car camping, or backpacking
• Singletrack mountain biking around Moab, Utah, hotel or car camping
• Multi-day supported road cycling tours in Colorado or Utah
• Customized Western adventures also available
Each trip will be personalized for the interests and abilities of the group. In addition to the hiking or riding, each trip features original talks harmonized with the magic of the location, together with experiential beauty practices in nature. I’m also an amateur naturalist and can share my knowledge of the land.
Group sizes from 2 to 12. Cost: trip expenses + negotiable daily stipend
For more information on any of these teaching options, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org